Digital technologies including Internet of things (IoT) mobile phones, coupled with big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) will help city planners, investors and managers to make better, more accurate and timely decisions. Demand for smart buildings including the utilization of IoT's is revolutionizing on how buildings are managed. A market, which is expected to reach $120b by 2019 up from $68b in 2014. Also, the impact of IoT application holds to promise to reduce the energy cost by 10-25%. This is an enormous number considering that the Department of Energy in the US estimates that around 30% of energy consumed by commercial buildings is wasted.
At this panel we addressed the following questions:
- Are micro grid the solution for better renewable energy supply?
- Can the sharing economy be a solution for mobility in urban centers?
- May behavioral sciences be applied in better maneuvering the traffic flow?
- Are driverless cars really safe and the future?
- Can pension funds profit from long-term real estate exposure in renewables?